Picnic Season (A.B.N. 93604326312) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in The Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
Our privacy notice relates to the personal information we collect about you as our customers, visitors to our website, social media and members of the public and explained why and how we collect, use, store, disclose and protect personal information.
Picnic Season needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that Picnic Season collects will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s involvement or contact with Picnic Season.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
To provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Examples of where we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to, when you make an online purchase, provide details to join our mailing lists or databases, provide information via social media pages, enter a competition, send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by Picnic Season. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require should that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Information is automatically collected through your use of Picnic Season’s website, Affiliates’ websites, social media, through cookies or by other electronic means.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier. Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to deliver any of Picnic Season’s customer relationship management systems
- to create orders
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- to provide you with services you have requested from us
- promoting Picnic Season, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers,
- protecting the security of our team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including fraud prevention)
- requirements under law or regulations, or for other purposes explained at the time of collection
- recruiting team members and contractors
DIRECT MARKETING AND OPT OUT
To be added to our email list, you will need to 'opt in' to this and provide your email address and contact details to Picnic Season.
You can opt out from receiving our marketing communications at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages to opt out of receiving those messages.
- by writing to the Privacy Officer at P.O. Box 7004, Highton, Victoria, Australia 3216, or
- contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C00614
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing; which have their own Privacy Policies.
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws and regulations
- Picnic Season’s contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (eg auditors and lawyers).
- With the new Picnic Season owners, if part or all of Picnic Season is sold
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a purpose. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following locations:
- each country which you nominate as a delivery address – for order fulfilment (if not within Australia), if you have ordered products from our online store and require delivery to an address in a foreign country.
- to overseas recipients or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Picnic Season (for example storing data via a cloud service, or servers located overseas)
ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Where you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, or irrelevant, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that the information is accurate, up-to-date, and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful. Please contact the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to access or to correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is properly protected.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Picnic Season takes measures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. This includes protection measures, security restrictions on access to Picnic Season’s computer systems and controlled access to Picnic Season’s corporate premises. Information is stored in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure access to and use of personal information within Picnic Season is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of information.
- ensure that the personal information that we use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete;
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- ensure that in instances where other organisations provide support and or services, Picnic Season requires them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
We endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, however, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online - you disclose that information at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Picnic Season website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Picnic Season is not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information.
Picnic Season collects information from its suppliers in relation to sourcing and purchase of its products and provision of services to Picnic Season or its customers. This information is collected for business related purposes but does contain some limited personal information related to the name and contact details of the people that it deals with at its suppliers and service providers. The information will usually be collected directly from the supplier but may also be provided by third party sourcing agencies or business contacts. Picnic Season will hold this information securely and will only disclose it for business related purposes.
The information is used for activities such as
- Sourcing and acquiring products for Picnic Season
- Product innovation and quality control;
- Communicating with Suppliers;
- Investigation of complaints;
- Maintaining and keeping our suppliers’ information current and as accurate as possible.
If you would like to make a complaint about or have a query in relation to our privacy notice, you can contact Picnic Season by writing to the Privacy Officer at P.O. Box 7004, Highton, Victoria, Australia 3216 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be handled in a fair, confidential, and timely manner. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Further information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au or on 1300 363 992.
AMENDMENTS TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend our Privacy Notice from time to time. The current version will be published on our website.
Last updated April 2021.